Old 15-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Mosquito question

I suggest Avon Skin So Soft -- it's available (or it was) as a combination
sunscreen/insect repellent. I don't have it right now, as it disappeared
into my husband's fishing boat when I was not looking!

BTW, I originally bought Skin So Soft bath oil in a bait & tackle shop in
Florida (or maybe Texas), after the biggest burliest guy I'd ever seen
bought some! As a birdwatcher, I found it worked great -- but my hubby
insisted I not apply it until *after* I got out of the car!

Note: these days, in light of West Nile, I suggest Deet unless you are
allergic to it. (It was different when being bitten by mosquitoes was just
extremely annoying, but not a health problem.)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"Marcy Hege" wrote in message
What do you use to keep the mosquitos from making you their main course

for
dinner when you're working in the yard? Looking for something other than

the
normal Off or other compounds containing Deet.