Old 15-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Pete B

Default Persimmon Tree

Hi Ranger
Just wait until this winter and chop it off anywhere you want to. It will be
fine.
Pete
"The Ranger" wrote in message
I am seeing my dwarf persimmon tree growing like a teen in high school;

it's
already 6 feet tall. I'd like to manage this growth a little better so

that
I don't have a long, spindly stick for a tree (currently, the trunk is 1"
thick for its first 5'8"). I have supported it with stakes on either side

so
when our afternoon winds start whipping it about, it doesn't end up a

stick
with a couple leaves. Is there a way of "topping" it without killing it?

I'd
like to "force it to bush out a little, too, but am stymied on how to do
this.

Many thanks.

The Ranger
--
The 56k modem teaches us patience, humility, and the love of quiet
contemplation, grasshopper.