Old 15-06-2003, 03:32 AM
Gregory Harter

Default Help! The deer ate my homework...errr...roses

I've had problems with deer and my roses for years (25 roses). I've looked
for solutions and found many ideas. Our deer are very tame - they don't run
when you walk toward them, so human hairor soap was not going to work. I have
had good luck with hot pepper spray, if used often enough. The best thing I
have found was by accident. We had black spot on some of the leaves. I
sprayed the roses with Ortho Rosepride and it cured the black spot. The deer
also left all of the roses alone. I spray it on all of my roses and hostas
weekly and after a rain and have not had a problem for 3 years.

Good luck

In article , elfa
wrote:
Anyone have any simple ideas (other than putting a fence around each rose?

Is there some kind of spray?

I'm in Zone 9 (north of San Francisco) and we have deer, skunk, opossum, and
raccoon that come out at night. I don't mind any of them coming around (except
when I found a dead opossum at the bottom of the pool) ...it's just that the
deer are getting to my blooms before I do.

thanks

elfa