Old 15-06-2003, 06:42 AM
Jak Crow

Default Lighting suggestions?

On Sat, 14 Jun 2003 21:39:50 -0700, Rex Grigg wrote:

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:19:33 -0700, Jak Crow
wrote:

Hanging a shop light over your tank is going to be a great way to
light the room and a lousy way to light the tank. Shop lights are one
of the most inefficient ways to get light into a tank. The diffuser,
I refuse to call it a reflector, is very poor at directing light
straight down. You would be better off going to AH Supply and
getting a 2x55 watt upgrade kit and installing it in your strip light.
Of course now that I have mentioned a company and given you some
advice someone is going to accuse me of spamming the group.

I would prefer to use my existing bulbs

Are you sure that 2x55 kit would fit into the hood? It's a 48" Perfecto
fixture that came with the tank.