Old 15-06-2003, 12:56 PM
GrampysGurl

Default Clematis questions

They need a few hours of sun daily to promote blooming. Clematis take
2 or 3 years for an established root system, then they begin blooming.
My clematis (3 types) get early to late morning sun and are doing very
well.

I've had a Nelly Moser for quite a few years and it never did well. I moved it
to a situation like you mentioned and it is HUGE this year. I added 2 others to
the same pole that bloom at different times of the year, I am interested in
watching the progress... I have a red variety, as well as a hot pink.
Colleen
zone 5 Connecticut