Old 15-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Steve Warren @ The UK Speedtrap Guide

Default Advice please on Hanging Baskets

"Sacha" wrote in message
in article , Chas at
wrote on 15/6/03 12:42 pm:

We've been watering our hanging baskets daily.
Then all of a sudden the compost is bone dry.

We do not have ware retaining capsules in the pot .

I do remember r my mother telling me that you should immerse the
basket in water every 10 days or so - does anyone have any advise
on how we can keep the soil moist.

In dry spells water them twice daily at least - early morning, lateish
evening.

--

Sacha

I always place a small pot in the middle of the hanging basket with the lip
level with the soil. It has a few small holes in it to allow the water I
filled it with to seep out slowly during the day. even so I still water
twice a day but it never gets as dry.

When away for a few days I use a hospital drip feed bag. They hang off the
bracket behind and above the basket, they don't stand out too much as they
are clear and do the job quite well.
Steve

"The UK SpeedTrap Guide"
http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk