Old 15-06-2003, 02:44 PM
Cat

Default Advice please on Hanging Baskets

"Chas" wrote in message
We've been watering our hanging baskets daily.
Then all of a sudden the compost is bone dry.

We do not have ware retaining capsules in the pot .

I do remember r my mother telling me that you should immerse the
basket in water every 10 days or so - does anyone have any advise
on how we can keep the soil moist.

Thanks

Charles

You can get some gel stuff from garden centres, too, which you just mix with
the compost when you plant up your baskets. The crystals load up with
water, then release it slowly into the compost.
Cat(h)