Old 15-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default basil and cilantro

So, I transplanted the basil and cilantro plants in larger planters. Now
half of them are dead. I did water them but the weather had been strange
here. Hot and sunny one day, rainy the next, so it is possible the soil was
very dry for at least a day, or overwatered. How wet do these plants need
to be? I read the little paper I got with them, and it just said to keep
the soil moist.

Also, I'm wondering if the round-up I used on some weeds nearby had a
negative effect on the plants. I did not spray the round-up on the plants
or on an area touching the planters (but it was one or two feet away) and
there was no wind to speak of, which is why I used it at that time (I
wouldn't have if it had been windy, since I would have been afraid of the
wind carrying the round-up to my new babies). How much does that round-up
stuff travel? Even if there were no wind, could it have hit my plants some
other way?

Really, I'm not a troll. I'm just a true neophyte at any kind of gardening,
plus it seems I may not have much common sense about it. I'm always willing
to learn! Well, at least my tomatoes are still alive!

rona

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and they will
**** upon your computer."