Old 15-06-2003, 06:20 PM
rudy

Default Bunnies and raised beds

Thanks for all the suggestions.

A friend of mine came up with the idea of putting in an electrified wire or
two, a couple of inches above the top of the raised bed walls.Has anyone had
any experience with electric fencing keeping the bunnies away? I've only had
experience with it for horses and cattle.

Thanks

rudy

"rudy" wrote in message
My mother's house is in an area that has a large population of rabbits. I

am
putting in a couple of raised beds for her, built using the 'plasticized'
lumber, two 1x6's stacked above each other.

I had planned on fencing around the raised beds to keep the bunnies out -
but I wonder, will they climb into the raised beds? Or will the height of
the smooth sides keep them out?

Any previous experience with other options for keeping rabbits away would

be
appreciated.

Thanks

rudy