Old 15-06-2003, 06:56 PM
JennyC

Default Advice please on Hanging Baskets

"Chas" wrote in message
We've been watering our hanging baskets daily.
Then all of a sudden the compost is bone dry.

We do not have ware retaining capsules in the pot .

I do remember r my mother telling me that you should immerse the
basket in water every 10 days or so - does anyone have any advise
on how we can keep the soil moist.

Thanks Charles

Emergency treatment :
Dunk in a bucket / bath / shower tub until soaked though
Don't let it dry out again :~))
Water twice a day - early morning and again in the evening

You can also saw the bottom of a clear plastic drink bottle - upend it
in the basket and fill with water. it will slowly release water and
help keep the soil moist.

Jenny