Old 15-06-2003, 08:08 PM
John McGaw

Default USDA Hardiness Zone for Zip 99516

"David J Bockman" wrote in message
That's just outside Anchorage, AK.... any help appreciated.

Dave

When I lived there I found that the microclimate on the south side of my
house just off the Glenn Highway across from Elmendorf AFB allowed me to
grow oriental lillies, normally zone 5 or higher, with no problem at all.
Otherwise zone 4 seemed to be a good match for the climate there. At least I
never lost anything from the cold that I could identify as such (of course
that didn't stop moose from killing off a few plants).
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Return address will not work. Please