Old 16-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default Advice please on Hanging Baskets

In message , Chas
writes
We've been watering our hanging baskets daily.
Then all of a sudden the compost is bone dry.

We do not have ware retaining capsules in the pot .

I do remember r my mother telling me that you should immerse the
basket in water every 10 days or so - does anyone have any advise
on how we can keep the soil moist.

As other have said they can need watering more than once a day. Warm and
windy weather is the worst.

An automatic watering system is the only way we could manage to keep
ours going all summer sooner or later they would get too dry and they
never seemed to recover properly after that.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: