Old 16-06-2003, 02:44 AM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Advice please on Hanging Baskets

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:42:58 +0100, Chas wrote:

We've been watering our hanging baskets daily.
Then all of a sudden the compost is bone dry.

We do not have ware retaining capsules in the pot .

I do remember r my mother telling me that you should immerse the
basket in water every 10 days or so - does anyone have any advise
on how we can keep the soil moist.

When you water, water *three* times, letting the basket drain
each time.

This ensures that the soil is thoroughly saturated and
incidentally washes out any salts from fertilizer build-up.

You should apply a liquid fertilizer weekly *after* watering.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada