Old 16-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Bob

Default Yellowing plant tops

A mixed patch of Shasta Daisy, Primrose, False Dragonhead, and
Chrysanthemum suddenly developed yellowing leaves at the budding tops;
the Chrysanthemums have wilted and died and the Dragonheads are dying;
the others look sicker each day. What is odd is that it is localized
in a two-foot circle...The same mix of plants beside the sick patch
are healthy. I'm thinking ants or earwigs in the roots, or wacco
neighbor on other side of fence with herbicide. I am in Toronto. Any
thoughts?

For the fellow who thinks his Lilies are late: The Irises are still in
full bloom and I have always found the Lilies come after them; mine
just shot up their stalks after the rains the other day, quick as
mushrooms.

Critters have been bugging me since I started gardening, ya gotta
laugh. When I lived in the country, I planted extra corn for the
coons, but they took it all. My worst critter attack was a neighbor's
herd of beef cows that trashed my garden and ate the rest HEH which
was a good way to get rid of the tons zucchini.