Old 16-06-2003, 03:56 AM
Bob

Default Yellowing plant tops

A mixed patch of Shasta Daisy, Primrose, False Dragonhead, and
Chrysanthemum suddenly developed yellowing leaves at the budding tops;
the Chrysanthemums have wilted and died and the Dragonheads are dying;
the others look sicker each day. What is odd is that it is localized
in a two-foot circle...The same mix of plants beside the sick patch
are healthy. I'm thinking ants or earwigs in the roots, or wacco
neighbor on other side of fence with herbicide. I am in Toronto. Any
thoughts?

For the fellow who thinks his Lilies are late: The Irises are still in
full bloom and I have always found the Lilies come after them; mine
just shot up their stalks after the rains the other day, quick as
mushrooms.

Critters have been bugging me since I started gardening, ya gotta
laugh. When I lived in the country, I planted extra corn for the
coons, but they took it all. My worst critter attack was a neighbor's
herd of beef cows that trashed my garden and ate the rest HEH which
was a good way to get rid of the tons zucchini.
Old 16-06-2003, 04:04 PM
Doug Kanter

"Bob" wrote in message
m...
A mixed patch of Shasta Daisy, Primrose, False Dragonhead, and
Chrysanthemum suddenly developed yellowing leaves at the budding tops;
the Chrysanthemums have wilted and died and the Dragonheads are dying;
the others look sicker each day. What is odd is that it is localized
in a two-foot circle...The same mix of plants beside the sick patch
are healthy. I'm thinking ants or earwigs in the roots, or wacco
neighbor on other side of fence with herbicide. I am in Toronto. Any
thoughts?

That's strange. I understand the wacko neighbor bit, since I had the same
type. Can you talk to this person and find out if they've sprayed anything?
Do it in a non-confrontational way, with hopes of getting an honest answer.
Here's why: If civil trespass laws in Canada are anything like here in
Rochester NY, the neighbor can be punished if his chemicals cross the
property line, even if he/she never sets foot on your property. A town judge
here told me he would arrange for an injunction against an offending
neighbor. The result would be that if the neighbor were seen spraying, or if
she hired Chem-Lawn and they sprayed within a certain distance of my
property line, the police would be instructed to arrest any or all people
without asking questions.

This is a really good thing, as anyone with good sense can understand.