Old 16-06-2003, 04:07 PM
Bill Freeman

Default Lawn Mower blade

All good suggestions. Recommend pulling the spark plug wire,
closing the carb (Hondas have this feature), turning your lawn mower on its
side and using a file hasp at about a 45 degree angle against the blades
while wearing heavy gloves and eye protection. After a bit of practice
you'll be able to sharpen the blade every time you use it .. . much easier
on the grass and the blades. Make a mental count of the number of passes on
each blade end to equalize wear (and balance). Recommend a plastic blade
balancer once a year to prevent shake and shudder.

"Chris" wrote in message
I bought a grinding wheel that mounts in a drill that is specifically made
to sharpen mower blades. I think i got it from Wal-mart. Also you need to
balance the blade when you are finished sharpening it. Hang it from a

nail,
screwdriver or anything else you can think of and balance it so it hangs
evenly. The mower will vibrate less and last longer.
"n0sPaM" wrote in message
e.rogers.com...
I want to sharpen my lawn mower blade using Dremel tool, how far and in

what
angle should I sharpen it?

thanks.