Old 16-06-2003, 06:05 PM

Default Mosquito question

In article , C.L. Lassiter wrote:
Marcy Hege wrote:
What do you use to keep the mosquitos from making you their main course for
dinner when you're working in the yard? Looking for something other than the
normal Off or other compounds containing Deet.

And I have another question. I have a bird bath and orchids with
pebble trays. How long does the larval stage last? i.e., how often
should I be changing the water? Every day? Every other day? Once an
eon?

Seems like I read 7-10 days. I use those mosquito dunks in our bird
bath. I don't use a whole one but break it up. Could do the same in
the trays. So changing water ever week should prevent them also.
Notice larve only show up in stagnant water. I have always wondered if
larger bird baths could just be agitated to kill the larve.
cl

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.