Old 16-06-2003, 06:06 PM

Default Mosquito question

In article , Marcy Hege wrote:
What do you use to keep the mosquitos from making you their main course for
dinner when you're working in the yard? Looking for something other than the
normal Off or other compounds containing Deet.

Those OFF lanterns that you put the cardboard piece in that lasts for
about 4 hours will work if there is not too much of a breeze. You may
need two.

A fogger is also a good investment. Again will not work in a breeze.
I have wondered if I could rejuvenate those OFF cards by dipping them
inthe fogger juice and use a regular tea candle and save money. Think
they both use a prytherin (sp?) of some kind. I also saw a hose end
sprayer bottle that purported to repel them for up to 3 months but it
was a prytherin also and I doubted the claim. It treated up to 4000 sq
ft.

I am thinking that since mosquitoes do not hang around in a stiff breeze
that perhaps an all weather electric fan is a niche market to get into.
If such a thing exists I would mount one in our rose arbor.

spam@www.spam.com is a garbage address.