Old 16-06-2003, 07:21 PM
The Reid

Default Asparagus weak?

Following up to Dwayne

Have you added fertilizer? The best asparagus I have grown was in a raised
bed, filled with about 8 inches of cow manure, 2 inches of dirt, the
asparagus roots, and then another 6 inches of dirt/compost as they came up.
Then I sprinkle more aged cow manure on top in February, or a well rounded
fertilizer.

I put compost in bottom of bed when I started, everything else is
growing OK, but I will try extra feeding.

Its a dry site, with a decent depth of soil over gravel and plenty of
sun.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso