Old 16-06-2003, 08:32 PM
K30a

Default What to expect?

Welcome to rec.ponds!
Your fish will warm up after awhile. Spooked by moving to a new environment so
they'll be shy.
Feed them sparingly! Very sparingly! The problems with most pond environments,
large and small, is too many nutrients in the water.

A water bell pattern is best for lilies in a small environment.
Give the lilies some time to adjust to their new home. You might not see the
first flowers.

Don't worry about repotting the plants you've potted. We use all sorts of media
around here and they all work to one degree or another.

With lots of plants, fish fed very sparingly, you won't have to use a lot of
chemicals. Just those that remove chlorine and chloramine (if present) from the
water.

I'm sure you'll love your small pond.
Remove spent flowers, pads and dying vegetation on a regular basis.
Do water changes from time to time - 10% of the pond water, what? weekly,
bi-weekly people?
You can feed the lilies, most people use regular flowering spikes.
When fall comes we'll talk about winter care.
(bbbbbrrrrrrrr!)

k30a