Old 16-06-2003, 11:20 PM
ned

Default moths

shannie wrote:
Whilst googling for a moth id I came upon this site below. It's a
lovely site, well written and beautifully illustrated, there's also

beginners top 20 which was rather helpful. Thought I'd share it,
perhaps someone will find it useful.

http://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/

Yes, I'd agree. Its lodged in my favourites and I'm a regular visitor.
It is so comprehensive it can be a bit daunting trying to find what
you are looking for. But most of the UK moths are there. One problem
is that moths can be colour variable within a species - so you may not
find an exact match for your amazing new discovery. Another problem is
that some are only specifically identified by examination of their
genitalia - which will sort the men from the boys ...... ;-)
But, a good site, none-the-less.

--
ned