Old 16-06-2003, 12:56 AM
shannie

Default moths

Whilst googling for a moth id I came upon this site below. It's a lovely
site, well written and beautifully illustrated, there's also a beginners top
20 which was rather helpful. Thought I'd share it, perhaps someone will find
it useful.

http://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/
--

Shan (Ireland)

Old 16-06-2003, 11:20 PM
ned

shannie wrote:
Whilst googling for a moth id I came upon this site below. It's a
lovely site, well written and beautifully illustrated, there's also

beginners top 20 which was rather helpful. Thought I'd share it,
perhaps someone will find it useful.

http://www.ukmoths.force9.co.uk/

Yes, I'd agree. Its lodged in my favourites and I'm a regular visitor.
It is so comprehensive it can be a bit daunting trying to find what
you are looking for. But most of the UK moths are there. One problem
is that moths can be colour variable within a species - so you may not
find an exact match for your amazing new discovery. Another problem is
that some are only specifically identified by examination of their
genitalia - which will sort the men from the boys ...... ;-)
But, a good site, none-the-less.

--
ned

pantry moths? len Edible Gardening 13 30-12-2003 06:03 PM
The moths, the moths pete Permaculture 6 14-12-2003 05:42 AM
Moths Annie United Kingdom 10 19-08-2003 02:05 AM
Surviving a plague of moths David W.E. Roberts United Kingdom 30 13-08-2003 09:12 PM
Hawk Moths, Tomato Hornworms, and Nightshade Archie Ritter Edible Gardening 2 11-08-2003 07:32 PM