Old 03-03-2003, 10:19 PM
zookeeper

Default Structural Integrity of pond walls...

We've also made plant stands for use in the pond out of PVC; someone
once had a web page with instructions, but it's very easy to put
together with scraps and joints. Just remember to drill a few holes at
the top and bottom so air/water can flow in/out (otherwise you end up
with a floating stand). If algae doesn't cover the white PVC quick
enough, you can paint the stand (with a fish safe paint).
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

BenignVanilla wrote:
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
snip

It seems to me that it would be much simplier to have a flat
bottom and then put a milk crate with a piece of slate (or
something similar) then put your urn on this ...

snip

I was worried about an eyesore issue, but the milk crate/slate idea is
perfect. That would create a very nice look. Thanks Bonnie!

BV.