Old 17-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Geoff Kegerreis

Default Ostrya Virginiana, Garlon 4, and Basal Bark spraying...

My point exactly, wouldn't you use trees/acre specs for regeneration?
I know I would.

GK

mike hagen wrote:

Geoff Kegerreis wrote:

Ironwood varies from 1" to 8" with most 3"-4". I'm talkin' I have a
LOT of
this in the mid-story. Basal area averages 9.5 sq/ft per acre.

Just a curiousity; are you a forester or an engineer, or other, what is
it you do (or did?) for a living? - reason that I ask is that you state
"9.5 ft^2 ", which is an unusual term for a forester to use, generally.
I would, however expect an engineer to use this terminology.

He may have simply measured diameters on a fixed plot basis. No prism
needed.