Old 17-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Squirrels on apartment balcony

Call around to some tool rental places. Many will rent you a Havahart trap,
which will NOT hurt the squirrels. Stick a piece of bread in, smeared with
peanut butter. A door closes behind Mr. or Mrs. Squirrel, and you can
transport it to a local park. I used this method when they were raiding my
attic, before I had a chance to have a roofer repair the vent screens.

"Christiane" wrote in message
om...
Good Morning all.
I live in a second floor apartment where my back door goes out onto a
fairly small balcony and fire escape. I have a few planters out there,
4 that are hanging off of my railing. I have some begonia's, a lettuce
box, and some other assorted plants.
The squirrels LOVE to dig in my plants. I came home from work
yesterday and found a few of my begonia's completely rooted up, and
the lettuce box had been dug through as well.
What can I do to keep my flowers squirrel free?
Thanks in advance!
Christiane