Old 17-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Carl e Roberts

Default looking for a garden tool

I am looking to buy a special garden tool. I had this tool years ago but
it has since disappeared. I will attempt to describe what this tool
looks like in hopes that someonce will recognize this tool and steer me
to a place where I might purchase this..
This is the description of the tool (Here is where my command of the
English language and ability to communicate through the written word
will be tested). First of all this tool is not a "hand tool" or short
handled. It is more along the lines of a rake and has a long wooden
handle. (It is used while standing). I don't even know what to call this
tool but I would put it in the category of a rake or in the "rake"
family. At the end of a long wood handle or the "business end" are found
a row of metal "half moons"or half crescent shaped blades. The bottom of
the crescents I would use to "work" or "bust" clods of dirt. I really
liked to use this tool in preparing a seed bed. I would use this as a
"rake" to go across the bed and gather stones, clods and then turn this
tool vertical and then "chop" the clods to break them up. I have not
seen this tool in any garden center or hardware store but hope that
someone in "cyberspace" may "recognize" or understand the tool I have
attemted to decsribe.