Old 17-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Erik Leung

Default New Substrate Product

I installed it recently in a new setup - so far, what I can say is
that

a) the product is infinitely cleaner than Flourite or Onyx
b) it is much more attractive than Flourite
c) particles are graded, rounded and much smoother

No long-term report as I've only used it for a little over a month
now. Plus, I've combined it with other substrate amendments to make
things a bit more fertile. However from all appearances it looks like
a fine alternative to Flourite, Profile, FloraBase etc.

Erik Leung
http://www.e-aquaria.com

(Ryan H.) wrote in message . com...
Great question, I was wondering the same thing. What do people thing
of this compared to 100% florite?

Ryan

"Jody" wrote in message ...
Has anyone tried CaribSea's new substrate for planted tanks? It's called
Eco-Complete Planted Aquarium Substrate. Here's a link to the product
description
http://www.carib-sea.com/eco%20fresh.jpg . It looks pretty
good, but I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with it.

Jody