Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
paghat

Default Problems with Deer, Coons, Coyote?

In article ,
(Dan Charles) wrote:

I ran across an obscure little outfit that makes the most amazing cure
for problems with pesky night critters. Man these work! Check out:

http://hometown.aol/dcjincks/myhomepage/business.html

The guy that makes these is He'll send
prices and model info if you ask.
I had deer and coons just stripping my place and coyote killing my
yard birds and pet cats. A little $60 gadget fixed all that - for my
entire 3 acres!

When a spanking new name, with no previous posting history, appears out of
the blue in order to post an advertisement, people should assume such
feeble attempts at stealth spam do reflect the company's & product's
eagerness to decieve.

"Dan Charles" &amp inventor "Dan Jincks" just coincidentally use
centurytel.net that provides free email alias accounts, riiiight. The
multi-acre claims of effectiveness & the specific moronic phrase "pesky
night critters" verbatim from the website advertisement leave no question
in my mind but that this is indeed stealth spam such as is inherently
dishonest.

And that renders all other claims from this company equally suspicious,
especially as no science supports the claims. The cheapy-ass (free) &
cheezy bad design of the website, plus the "boast" that the product is
not available in any stores, all just makes this outfit look increasingly
stupid.

To date, field tests of electronic noise methods of ridding areas of wild
animals have shown them to fail. In essence, if a sound doesn't make an
area miserable for people, it will not be miserable for animals either.
Bird cannons work (if only moderately well), but a mewling little
noisemaker doesn't. It's a wonderful "pitch" that the "sound" of a cougar
hissing or yowling, projected over a landscape, rids of it every known
species of "pesky night critters," but without independent field testing
by a university extension to prove it, "pitch" is all it is.

Rather than dishonest stealth spams & idle claims that recorded sounds
rid acres & acres of wildlife all for only sixty smackeroos, cite the
independent field studies that have proven this to be the case, studies
that can be referenced apart from any spams or company that may
misrepresent the findings. Without corroborating independent studies from
a university extension, this has GOT to be taken as nothing more than
hoodwinking scam-spam.

If this cheezy & miserable attempt at stealth spam is not repeated, I
wouldn't encourage anyone to go out of their way to netcop the goofball
for one failed attempt to make a dishoneste buck. But if this sort of spam
continues to promote this outfit, some may wish to file complaints with:
since the stealth spam was posted from google
groups site
and
since stealth spammer & inventor "both" have
centurytel.net accounts
and
since the website is a freeby through aol;
all three prohibit use of their services to mail or post spams.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/