Old 17-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Mike Lyle

Default looking for a garden tool

Salty Thumb wrote in message . ..
Salty Thumb wrote in
:

Carl e Roberts wrote in news:3EEF25F1.10305960
@bellsouth.net:

family. At the end of a long wood handle or the "business end" are
found a row of metal "half moons"or half crescent shaped blades. The
bottom of the crescents I would use to "work" or "bust" clods of
dirt. I really

sounds like a thatch rake to me.

http://www.altavista.com/image/resul...gset=2&q=thatc
h+rake&avkw=xytx

(Shudder.) Scary pictures of Britain's weirdest-ever Prime Minister
might seem off-topic to some. But she certainly had sharp teeth, and
had to be held at arm's length, so I guess she qualifies...she'd break
your soil up into a fine tilth, no problem: probably just by using her
voice.

Mike.