Old 17-06-2003, 08:32 PM
Gerden Freedman

Default Two Lawn Questions with Pictures!

northern ohio

"animaux" wrote in message
With a sharp hoe, make a cut and tear the sod back in the area in

question.
Look for grubs. If you have more than 2 in that area, it's grubs and I
recommend Milky Spore.

It appears to be St. Augustine turf, if so, it can also be a pathogen

which
causes brown patch or take all patch. Do a search and see if it looks or

sounds
familiar.

On the Japanese maple, where do you live?

Victoria

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:53:10 GMT, "Gerden Freedman"

wrote:

see http://home.earthlink.net/~slalomx/index.html for photos of my two
problems?

#1 is a patch of brown grass in my lawn that has seemed to die, in the

last
two weeks it appears that I now have a bunch of these brown patches.

What
could it be? Grubs? And if you know what the problem is, what is the

fix?

#2 is a photo of some sort of japanese maple. First, can you identify

it?
Second, you'll notice that some branches did not sprout leaves this year.
Do I just consider them dead branches and cut them off? Or is this a

sign
of a deeper problem.

Your help is always appreciated.