Old 17-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Ted Byers

Default Are lilies unusually late this year (Southern Ontario)?

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message

One of those high powered mail order sling shots make no noise. I use
marbles instead of rocks. I have wrapped the trunk of my peach and plum
tree in aluminum foil and so far have not seen any tree rats in them any
more but in case I do, I am ready. The power of these sling shots

impresses
me. I would hate to be shot at by one of them.

But I have trouble with my hands, as a consequence of a diabetes related
neuropathy. I doubt I could use a sling shot effectively. However, my
brother-in-law suggested traps, which he says can be quite effective baited
with peanut butter. I saw in another thread a suggestion to use a layer of
river rock around the plants. As I have some, I think I'll give that a try
until my brother-in-law can bring some traps around.

Cheers,

Ted