Old 17-06-2003, 10:56 PM
animaux

Default Two Lawn Questions with Pictures!

I'll assume you don't have St. Augustine in that climate. Roll back the turf
and see how many grubs you find.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:29:54 GMT, "Gerden Freedman" wrote:

northern ohio

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
With a sharp hoe, make a cut and tear the sod back in the area in

question.
Look for grubs. If you have more than 2 in that area, it's grubs and I
recommend Milky Spore.

It appears to be St. Augustine turf, if so, it can also be a pathogen

which
causes brown patch or take all patch. Do a search and see if it looks or

sounds
familiar.

On the Japanese maple, where do you live?

Victoria

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:53:10 GMT, "Gerden Freedman"

wrote:

see http://home.earthlink.net/~slalomx/index.html for photos of my two
problems?

#1 is a patch of brown grass in my lawn that has seemed to die, in the

last
two weeks it appears that I now have a bunch of these brown patches.

What
could it be? Grubs? And if you know what the problem is, what is the

fix?

#2 is a photo of some sort of japanese maple. First, can you identify

it?
Second, you'll notice that some branches did not sprout leaves this year.
Do I just consider them dead branches and cut them off? Or is this a

sign
of a deeper problem.

Your help is always appreciated.