Old 17-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Perksy

Default Caper Tree

"whiteMemphis" wrote in message ...
"Perksy" wrote in message
om...
Chookie wrote in message

In article ,
(Perksy) wrote:

I am trying to find a nursery that sells caper trees and so far I have
had no luck. Does anyone know of a nursery that may have it in
stock???

I think I read somewhere that they are very difficult to germinate, in their
natural habitat the seeds are eaten by birds, excreted & only then will
germinate. The advice I was given was to soak them overnight in yoghurt to
simulate the acidic environment of the bird's gut before planting them.

I'm sure glad I kept reading... for a moment I thought you were going
to ask me to go above and beyond the call of gardening!!!