Old 18-06-2003, 03:56 AM
kurt kellenbenz

Default Homelite String Trimmer Problem

Wayne Smith wrote in message . ..
I am having a problem with a Homelite string trimmer, model
Z625C.

It starts without difficulty, but as soon as I touch the
throttle, the engine dies. It will restart again, but dies again with
use of the throttle.

I believe that the fix is a simple adjustment of one of the
carb. needle valves, but the screws appears to be locked with a
plastic sleeve, and I'm not sure of its purpose. Can it be removed,
and if so, how? Is there another way of fixing this problem?

You also might try cleaning the screen that resides in the middle of
your muffler. It can become clogged thus creating back pressure. My
Dad turned me on to this tip and my homelite blower runs like new.

Remove the muffler, it should break apart into two pieces. You will
then find the screen. Either attempt to clean or purchase a new one.
Cleaning worked for me.

Good luck!

kurt