Old 18-06-2003, 04:32 AM
K Barrett

Default C. harrisoniana Question

I'd let it be. I was just looking at one of my Pali Polka Dots and it has 3
leaves too. I don't think its that unusual a situation. Frank isn't in the
same position that you and I are in being able to inspect our plants on a
daily basis. He has a *few* more than we do, LOL!! So he takes the easy
course, and get rid of the leaves that may not open fully or otherwise
bother him.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
So, is it a good idea to get rid of the extra leaf, or should I let it be?

Diana

"K Barrett" wrote in message
.net...
Not uncommon. The extra leaves sometimes get in the way of the

develpoing
spike, so Fordyce will pull them off. Isn't harrisoniana now

loddigesii??
might be mistaken.

K Barrett

"Diana Kulaga" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi, all,

My C. harrisoniana 'Maj' x harrisoniana 'Boa Vista' has developed an

oddity:
one of its latest p-bulbs has *3* leaves. This plant has typically

had
two
to a bulb. (And no, the third leaf is not a sheath. Trust me.)

Is this common?

Diana