Old 18-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Bill Neff

Default [IBC] If it's not Cows it's the County!

Katie,

I'd be checking into getting reimbursed for the value of the trees (landscape
& possibly bonsai) and your rosebed if they are to be 'destroyed'. We had
the same issue in a house we rented years ago when a gas line was slated to go
through my wife's garden. We got a note on the door one night that it would
happen the next week. The next day we came home to find the garden gone as
well as most of the back yard! Since it was prime harvest time for the green
beans, zucchinni, etc. (we were going to pick everything just before the
backhoes arrived) we lost the entire crop. Since we'd planned to can/freeze for the
rest of the year, the wife was highly upset (family list can't say what she
really was). She contacted the Utility company, the pipeline company, the
rental management, and the Kansas Corporation Commission. We ended up getting
reimbursed twice the market value of the vegetables. Now if I'd just had a few
'specimen" bonsai in that growing bed...

Good luck.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++