Old 17-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] If it's not Cows it's the County!

I would think; when they are dormant, after Thanksgiving???? :-(

Carl

Helena Handbasket wrote:

The county is putting a large water main right through the middle of my growing bed so my
question is, what is the best time to lift pines and conifers?

--

(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´¨`·.¤*katie**¤.·´¨`» Zone 5

************************************************* *******************************
************************************************* *******************************

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 17-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Len Arzoomanian , BonsaiRI

From: Helena Handbasket
Date: 2003/06/17 Tue AM 10:37:24 EDT The county is putting a large water main right through the middle of my growing bed so my
question is, what is the best time to lift pines and conifers?

I would think before the pipe was put in! ;-) You didn't say when that was. It may narrow peoples opinions and method of removal.

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 18-06-2003, 12:39 AM
Helena Handbasket

I would think before the pipe was put in! ;-) You didn't say when that was. It may

narrow peoples opinions and method of removal.

Len

PLEASE NOTE MY NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:

http://www.bonsairi.com
http://www.rhodeislandbonsaisociety.org

LOL! I have until next spring but I am starting to plan now. I'm going to do my best
to sweet talk them into missing the majority of stuff but as it is, it's going to wipe out
a large rosebed and we may loose a huge sugar maple and black walnut. Needless to say, I
am not a happy camper. To make matters worse, there is nothing but the woods on the other
side of the street but they won't go through the undeveloped side of the road. I'm going
to have to move a LOT of plants including a well established ornamental grass bed that is
my pride and joy. I'm so ticked I want to friggen MOVE!!!!

--
katie

Old 18-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Bill Neff

Katie,

I'd be checking into getting reimbursed for the value of the trees (landscape
& possibly bonsai) and your rosebed if they are to be 'destroyed'. We had
the same issue in a house we rented years ago when a gas line was slated to go
through my wife's garden. We got a note on the door one night that it would
happen the next week. The next day we came home to find the garden gone as
well as most of the back yard! Since it was prime harvest time for the green
beans, zucchinni, etc. (we were going to pick everything just before the
backhoes arrived) we lost the entire crop. Since we'd planned to can/freeze for the
rest of the year, the wife was highly upset (family list can't say what she
really was). She contacted the Utility company, the pipeline company, the
rental management, and the Kansas Corporation Commission. We ended up getting
reimbursed twice the market value of the vegetables. Now if I'd just had a few
'specimen" bonsai in that growing bed...

Good luck.

Bill

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++