Old 18-06-2003, 04:08 PM
John Rutz

Default filter question

~ jan JJsPond.us wrote:
sorry Jan I shoulda specified it was upflow there was some dietrus
under the pillow but most of the "black Mud" was on top
was wondering if maybe I plumbedd the outflow into the tank wrong to
cause the "reversal" of deposit the pillow had been in the filter for I
think three weeks, I only noticed the buildup as I had partialy drained
it to install the fine filter mat to catch the dead phyloalgae it
wasn't clogged by any means so I Just thought, if maybe Im pushing the
water through it too fast and it doesnt have time to settle and is being
forced throuh the pillow ( I'm using a 3600 gph mag drive on this )and
its a 150 g stock tank and is settling on top as that is wher the water
is slower John R

Yup, that's probably what is going on. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

--

thanks Jan
Makes me feel somewhat better

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com