Old 18-06-2003, 04:32 PM
Bonnie Espenshade

Default LFS Koi? Quality?

BenignVanilla wrote:
"John Hines" wrote in message

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

My local Supersized LFS (the smart one) has Koi for $3.99. I had always
decided not to buy Koi because of cost, but these seem cheap and some

were

AWESOME looking. I realize the difference between a kennel mutt (I have

one,

no flames, she is great) and an AKC show dog, but is there anything I

should

know about $4.00 Koi?

They are addictive?

They had two that were an opalescent yellowish white...I nearly bought them
on the spot, but figured I should wait until I have the water cleared first.
I plan to do some Amquel/Water changes, so I don't want to risk new fish
yet.

BV.

Go buy them and keep them in a quarantine tank. When the
pond is ready and they've been deemed healthy you can add
them to the pond.

--
Bonnie
NJ