Old 18-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default LFS Koi? Quality?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you're not planning on showing the
fish, then there's no need to spend big $$ on them (unless one *really*
catches your eye!). The deciding factor should be the health of the fish,
and as others have already pointed out, you should be in quarantine for a
month or so anyway. By that time, you'll know. Just keep a VERY CLOSE eye on
your water parameters: koi are dirty little beasties, and it's hard to stay
ahead of the ammonia and nitrItes.

Have fun!

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
My local Supersized LFS (the smart one) has Koi for $3.99. I had always
decided not to buy Koi because of cost, but these seem cheap and some were
AWESOME looking. I realize the difference between a kennel mutt (I have

one,
no flames, she is great) and an AKC show dog, but is there anything I

should
know about $4.00 Koi?

--
BenignVanilla