Old 04-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Karen Fletcher

Default Need help picking a grass

Angie wrote:
: Hello! I just purchased a house and the lawn is in terrible shape. It's
: "grass" consists of miniscule sticker bushes. I was wondering if anyone
: could recommend a good grass for me. The specifics a Transisition Zone
: (SW Arkansas), Full sun, sandy dirt, low - medium maintence, and some
: traffic on the back yard, I have a small dog. Thanks!

Your best bet is to put in a call to your local county Extension office.
They will have the best advice on what works for your local growing
conditions.

Arkansas Extension has this Web site:
http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/

and offers this advice on lawns:
http://www.arhomeandgarden.org/lawns/default.asp

Cheers!

-- Karen

The Garden Gate http://garden-gate.prairienet.org
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need."
^and cats -- Cicero
On the Web since 1994 Forbes Best of Web 2002