Old 19-06-2003, 12:20 AM
shannie

Default Where can I get straw from???

"dommy" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi all, i have a smelly compost pile and I need high carbon material, ie
straw to balance the pile. Can anyone tell me where i can get it from,
i dont have a farm near by, where else do they sell it?

Thanking you in advnace
--
dommy

Hi Dommy,
you could try some stables in or outside your area, sometimes they'll sell
you some, phone ahead and if it's a bit away you could make a day of it.
Have a look in your local paper, sometimes you'll see someone selling small
bales. That or you could try a pet shop, they sell bagged straw for rabbit
hutches etc, but that can get pricey if you need a lot of it.

HTH
Shan