Old 19-06-2003, 04:56 AM
GD

Default "borrowing" plants from the side of the rd.

I am not sure of Florida law, but I would guess you may be stepping
over a legal line, at least for some species.

A bigger issue may be accidental transport of exotic species, for
which you may be held accountable both federally and by the states
through which you transport them. Florida is especially heavily
infested with exotics, so plants from that state are highly likely to
be contaminated with nasty propagules. More than one lake has died
(from an ecological standpoint) due to invasion by exotic species.
Introduction of exotics and subsequent consequences are rarely done
purposefully anymore, but it still happens. I suggest you take
pictures and try to find similar cultured plants at nurseries. It's
less costly for all in the long run.

(An aside: aquatic plant nurseries are a common source of accidental
exotic introductions---be aware you may be receiving illegal plants
along with the intended purchase).

"Bryan" wrote:

Ok, so we decided to fly from OK to FL (Tampa to Ft Myers) and have seen
some plants growing alongside the roads in what looks like run off areas. Is
it possible to grab these lillies etc and USPS them home?

Thanks