Old 19-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Katharine Mill

Default Where can I get straw from???

dommy wrote in message ws.com...
Hi all, i have a smelly compost pile and I need high carbon material, ie
straw to balance the pile. Can anyone tell me where i can get it from,
i dont have a farm near by, where else do they sell it?

Thanking you in advnace

I'd also recommend your local stables, but don't bother paying for the
fresh stuff. Ask if you can take from their pile of 'dirty straw',
which also contains manure - extra bonus. I went to mine with the idea
of getting manure but what I came away with was a lot more straw than
anything else. They might look at you a bit strangely but you won't
have to pay for it :-)
HTH
Katharine