Old 19-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Warwick

Default poppies

In article ,
says...
thanks warwick

i do apologise that i am not as technically competentas you appear to be. I
thought that this was a friendly newsgroup. Rather than be sarcastic isthere
anychance that you could be constructive and advise me of a way of supplying
the said picture in a more efficient format.

I tend to sarcasm rather than insult

The way that pictures are usually posted is to put them up to a website
and then post a link to the picture such as...

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/m...ay/flowers.jpg

or yours

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/PICT0639.JPG

I also resized yours so that it has a much smaller file size without
losing too much in the way of detail. It'll take a lot less time to
download that way.

As to the variety of poppy... I think it is a Papaver somniferum
paeoniflorum a Pink Paeony Poppy. Are the blooms 3-4" across?

If it is, then it's a hardy annual and should set seed and give a fresh
display each year[1]

Warwick

[1] Unless someone weeds the seedlings out -ahem