Old 11-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Miriam

Default Poppies

I bought lots of seeds from http://www.secretseeds.com last
years...all were brilliant and I was overwhelmed with
splendid plants. The poppies "Chequers" was as described
white with the central pattern...except for the one which
made me breathless.....It was soooo beautiful it was the
most glorious pink. We do have "pink Chiffon" poppies in the
garden but I didn't think it would have had time to operate
with the ones we have quite a distance from the
"Chequers"...Do these Chequers poppies sometimes appear in
this glorious pink oris this unusual?

--
http://www,policedogsrus.com

Old 18-06-2003, 08:44 PM
Ray

thanks warwick

i do apologise that i am not as technically competentas you appear to be. I
thought that this was a friendly newsgroup. Rather than be sarcastic isthere
anychance that you could be constructive and advise me of a way of supplying
the said picture in a more efficient format.

thanks

ray
"Warwick" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
please can you help in identifying this poppy ?

begin 666 PICT0639.JPG
M_]C_X2917AI9@``24DJ``@````(``\!`@`3````; (``! !`@`````@ (`

It appears to be Poppy picture

You know that bit where they say a picture speaks a thousand words?

Yours actually matched the storage space of around 10,000 words. Most of
the folk here won't have seen it. The rest of us will be annoyed that
they spent so much time waiting for their news to come down since your
post equalled the size of the rest of lasts week's combined posts
together. Oh and it isn't a poppy... It is 12000 lines of hex code

Warwick

Old 18-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Ray" contains these words:

i do apologise that i am not as technically competentas you appear to be. I
thought that this was a friendly newsgroup.

That sounds as if you've been reading it a while, so you should have
seen the message posted every week, called abc for newcomers to urg.

If you had taken the trouble to read it you would not have made such a
blunder. Don't post pictures here.

Janet.

Old 19-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Warwick

In article ,
says...
thanks warwick

i do apologise that i am not as technically competentas you appear to be. I
thought that this was a friendly newsgroup. Rather than be sarcastic isthere
anychance that you could be constructive and advise me of a way of supplying
the said picture in a more efficient format.

I tend to sarcasm rather than insult

The way that pictures are usually posted is to put them up to a website
and then post a link to the picture such as...

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/m...ay/flowers.jpg

or yours

http://www.affordable-afpers.co.uk/urg/PICT0639.JPG

I also resized yours so that it has a much smaller file size without
losing too much in the way of detail. It'll take a lot less time to
download that way.

As to the variety of poppy... I think it is a Papaver somniferum
paeoniflorum a Pink Paeony Poppy. Are the blooms 3-4" across?

If it is, then it's a hardy annual and should set seed and give a fresh
display each year[1]

Warwick

[1] Unless someone weeds the seedlings out -ahem
Old 19-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Chris Norton

If you want to post a picture then simply upload to a website and
point us to the URL.

Those of us that use "proper readers" will have seen all the code but
the latest versions allow us to decode and view what you had sent.
Unsure what anyone reading it at google would have been able to do
tho.

Looking forward to the url as I love poppies.

Yellow & Orange Poppies Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 0 04-04-2009 12:47 AM
Californian Poppies JennyC United Kingdom 2 12-10-2003 05:42 PM
Blue Poppies & Moss Nancy Gardening 0 04-05-2003 05:08 PM
good companion for poppies? Penny S. Gardening 5 10-04-2003 04:08 AM
Poppies from Seed Newbie Gardener United Kingdom 17 08-03-2003 04:44 AM