Old 19-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Andy

Default Plant/Tree Suggestions Please

I have a circular area cut out of the centre of my lawn which is about
seven feet in diameter. I would like to plant something bold there
and would welcome any suggestions. I like BIG things so trees are
fine. Although my children are usually well-behaved, whatever goes in
there will have to be able to withstand the odd bash from them.

I have thought about a monkey puzzle tree, or a very large Camelia or
that tree which has bronze-coloured bark (the name escapes me for the
moment). This area can be seen clearly from the dining room so I
don't mind spending a bit either.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.