Old 19-06-2003, 02:20 PM
animaux

Default Sprinklers, timers, valves, what are bad/good brands

Regardless what brand you use, if you don't maintain it properly and winterize
the system, how good the products will be a moot point. I see many systems
installed in Texas (where we live) which have pop up misters. Not a good idea.
Far too much water evaporates before it even hits the ground. We have heat into
the 90s as late as midnight, and cooler temps in the 80s by dawn.

Try to do some research on how water is applied, as well as brands. I prefer pop
up impulse nozzles over misters. The droplets are much larger making it more
efficient in getting water to fall before it evaporates. For beds, nothing beats
drip irrigation, which you can do yourself with a few kits from the box stores.

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:41:52 -0700, "Martin Hirsch"
wrote:

Hi

I'm going to have a sprinkler system installed and would like to know what
are the better brands/makes of sprinkler equipment including the heads,
timers etc. Does Home depot have quality items.

I want to be able to discuss with the contractor exactly what I want.

Thanks, Martin