Old 19-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Charles Thorpe

Default Small black flying beetles

Yesterday I got swarms of small beetles (?) in the garden. They're about 1
to 1.5 mm long, black wing cases (the wings seem to protude out of the back
of the cases, but my eyes aren't what they were!).

They like my helianthemum flowers and seem to snip off the petals shortly
after new flowers open with the result that a very bright and cheerful
plant now has no flowers! They are abolutely mad about rocket flowers
though, there are thousands of them on a couple of clumps.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA.

p.s. Just been out in the garden and there are thousands of them in a lily
flower thats just opened.
--
Regards, Charles

cthorp at globalnet dot co dot uk