Old 04-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Trish K.

Default Need help picking a grass

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:02:12 -0600, "Angie" wrote:

Hello! I just purchased a house and the lawn is in terrible shape. It's
"grass" consists of miniscule sticker bushes. I was wondering if anyone
could recommend a good grass for me. The specifics a Transisition Zone
(SW Arkansas), Full sun, sandy dirt, low - medium maintence, and some
traffic on the back yard, I have a small dog. Thanks!

Angie

Sandy dirt dries out too fast to grow blue grass well (unless you own
a dam). If you can't or don't want to follow suggestions about soil
improvement the best grass is "turf-type" tall fescue because it has
deep roots which make it though the day. We don't live in your state
but considering one of the best brand names is "Rebel" I suppose it
grows nicely there. Good for dogs frolicking, but not a soft as other
grasses.

TK